With this design step I imported the "evil red LED light" .svg file into Maya 2013 and messed with converting the paths into planar geometry, and then extruding/beveling the geometry. Eventually I came up with sort of a landscape. I finished it off with a basic texture and a couple of lights.
The final step involved arranging each design iteration into a composition. I started with the original photo and arranged the steps so that they progressed into the posterized cropped images and then the vector images. From there you can see the split between the orange and pink images and their variations and the "Sinister"-themed images.